Thank you to all that came out to support the MHARS, GVARC, SBCARA combined 2017 Field Day! We had a really great team that helped set up, feed, and operate this past weekend. This was the first year our group ran 24 hours for the event. We had several sleep on-site while others ran stations. The bands were very busy. 20 meters was a non-stop pile-up coast to coast. While we do this for fun, we still managed to wrack up over 300 contacts for the weekend. 20 metes was busy but 80 meters overnight was only slightly behind. Kudos to the overnight 80 meters team.
We ran 4A. Our station captains came well prepared with batteries and solar panels. Our antennas consisted of:
- 20 meter hex beam on 70 foot portable tower with rotator.
- 40 meter sloper off 50 foot crank up tower.
- 15 meter beam on push-up tower with rotator.
- 80 meter dipole between the 70 and 50 foot towers.
Some tallies for the weekend…
- 80 M – 107 contacts
- 40 M – 56 contacts
- 20 M – 115 contacts (+ about 30 CW contacts) for 135 total
- 15 M – 15 contacts
Arizona was the busiest state for us with 26 contacts.We covered over 60 sections.
We are already planning how we will improve for next year.